Recipes At Home
The Easiest (and Tastiest) Banana Bread!
Banana bread has been popular in Australian households for decades but all the extra time at home has made this favourite the internet’s most searched recipe during this period.
1.5 x cups self raising Flour (sifted)
1 x cup Coconut
1 x cup Brown Sugar* (firmly packed)
1 x tsp Bicarb
1 x 270ml Tin Coconut Cream (small tin)
2 x Eggs (lightly whisked)
2 or 3 x bananas (mashed)
1 x tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl and lightly beat
- Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl and lightly beat
- Add the dry and wet ingredients together and mix
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and place in the over for approximately 1 hour 10 minutes (you may need to watch it as all ovens can vary)
For something a little bit different you can add in a few extras depending on what you have left in the fridge or pantry. For example, blueberries, raspberries, pear etc., even white chocolate bits. If you do add in any extras, you’ll only need to use two bananas depending on the banana size.
* Please note that as this recipe does contain sugar, we recommend that in line with keeping your teeth and gums healthy, to brush your teeth after eating this delicious banana bread. If it’s not possible to brush your teeth immediately after eating, rinsing your mouth with water will help until you can make it to your next brushing.