100% back on dental check-ups* at nib Dental Care Centres
It’s easy to forget how important a visit to the dentist is, especially if you’re already regularly brushing and flossing your teeth. Your nib Extras cover helps keep your teeth in shape. You could be entitled to 100% of any cost back* for dental check-ups at nib Dental Care Centres.
Each check-up includes an examination, scale, clean and fluoride treatment (excludes dentures and x-rays). Limits apply so make sure you check your annual limits and service limits at nib Online Services before taking up this offer.
Other Services Available
Other general dental services like x-rays and fillings are competitively priced.
- General dentistry check-ups for the whole family
- Veneers and Crowns
- Dental Implants
- Dentures to replace missing teeth
- Sleep Dentistry
- Mouth guards
- Urgent care same-day appointments are generally available
To help keep your smile in shape we have some great tips to share with you:
Avoiding tooth decay and gum disease is easy:
- Brush regularly – clean your teeth thoroughly at least twice daily, using a soft brush and a fluoride based toothpaste.
- Floss regularly – flossing once a day will help reduce the build-up of food and plaque between your teeth.
- Eat healthily – eating fruits and vegetables is important for your dental health. Keep sugary foods and drinks to a minimum, as high sugar content can cause tooth decay.
- Don’t smoke – tobacco is one of the leading causes of gum disease. Smoking also increases your risk of developing oral cancer.
- Visit your dentist – a visit to the dentist every six months is recommended for most patients.Plaque and scale can still form on your teeth even if you brush and floss regularly. You need to visit your dentist so the plaque and scale can be removed from those hard to reach places.
What can I expect when I visit an nib Dental Care Centre?
The dentist will introduce themselves and ask if you have any dental issues. Then, they will look in your mouth to check the condition of your teeth and gums. An x-ray of your mouth might be taken to give the dentist a better idea of how things are between your teeth, under any fillings or underneath the gums where the dentist physically can’t see. Your dentist may also offer you a scale and clean treatment, which will remove any calculus that has built up on and around your teeth. This may be followed by a fluoride application to help strengthen your teeth and prevent decay.
*Payment by nib of dental benefits is subject to serving relevant waiting periods, annual limits and service limits. Check your cover by visiting Online Services or call 13 16 42. The dental check-up covers an examination, scale, clean and fluoride treatment (x-rays, dentures not included). The services provided will be deducted from your annual limits and/or service limits. If any of the listed procedures are unable to be carried out due to a patient’s health history and/or condition, they will not be provided nor substituted by other items. nib Dental Care and Pacific Smiles Dental Centres are owned and operated by Pacific Smiles Group Limited ABN 42 103 087 449. The nib Dental Care Centre trademark is owned by nib health funds ABN 83 000 124 381 and is used under license by Pacific Smiles Group Limited. Quality dental services are provided at nib Dental Care and Pacific Smiles Dental Centres by independent dentists.